Dispute Resolution - Manitoba

If you have a claims issue or complaint about Autopac insurance, Manitoba Public Insurance’s (MPI’s) Call Centre staff can assist you. For complaints about MPI, go to Manitoba Ombudsman. If you have a dispute about an insurance company, contact the Financial Institutions Regulation Branch (FIRB). For a complaint about an individual insurance professional, contact the Insurance Council of Manitoba (ICM).

​Manitoba Public Insurance​

MPI handles consumer complaints, requests for reviews or appeals of at-fault assessments, repair and/or settlement disagreements, as well as personal injury and collision claims. You can also contact MPI to appeal demerit points.

MPI’s Contact Centre staff can answer most questions about Autopac insurance and claims issues. If your question is complex, a customer relations officer will research it. For more information, contact MPI.

​Manitoba Ombudsman

Manitoba Ombudsman investigates consumer complaints about any Manitoba government department or agency, including MPI. You can reach the Ombudsman at 204-982-9130. 

Financial Institutions Regulation Branch (FIRB)

FIRB regulates private insurance companies in Manitoba. The branch investigates complaints and disputes between consumers and insurance companies. You can fill in the complaint form online.

Financial Institutions Regulation Branch
Winnipeg, MB  R3C 4K5 
Tel.: 204-945-2542
Toll-free: 1-800-282-8069 (in Manitoba)
Fax: 204-948-2268
Email: insurance@gov.mb.ca

Insurance Council of Manitoba​ (ICM)

ICM is responsible for the licensing and discipline of insurance agents and brokers, as well as independent insurance adjusters.

Insurance Council of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB  R3B 0T6
Tel.: 204-988-6800
Fax: 204-988-6801